Beam Web Wallet 1.0.0 — Testnet — Release Notes
Release Date: 5th August 2020
This is the initial version of two complementary products:
- Privacy first: you, and no one else is the seed phrase keeper
- The release is compatible with Eager Electron 5.1 products that are currently being developed
- Both full-screen and extension mini views to see your balance, transaction status and history
- Send and receive Testnet Beam coins using transaction tokens
- Observe the status of your transactions in real-time
- View the list of available, locked and spent coins in the UTXO (unspent transaction outputs) screen
- The sender can create and verify the proof of transaction
- Integration with community faucet to receive BEAM and try the wallet right after the installation
- Privacy mode, well-known in Beam mobile wallets: tap the little eye icon and make the balances “disappear” till you’ll toggle the icon again
Points to mention:
- Transaction tokens replace SBBS addresses from 5.1: these tokens look like longer addresses and also include additional information such as requested amount, currency type, transaction type etc.
- The restore from seed phrase is yet to be implemented (it’s a Testnet release and you can always get more Beam from the community faucet)
- Only single-use tokens are supported: once issued, the token will remain active for 12 hours.
Link for downloading from the web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beam-web-wallet-testnet/ilhaljfiglknggcoegeknjghdgampffk?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon
Come discover Beam and join our community!
Download Beam Desktop Wallet here
Download Beam iOS Wallet on App Store
Download Beam Android Wallet on Google Play
Learn more about Beam on our website and blog
QQ Beam 中国官方社区: https://jq.qq.com/?_wv=1027&k=5Mbs8N4
Beam Web Wallet 1.0.0 — Testnet — Release Notes was originally published in BEAM-MW on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.